Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Very little internet access...and very little time...

I had hoped that I'd be able to update this blog a little more, but I have only just discovered that I have access to the internet in my room. I also have been quite busy and haven't had much time to write or do much else.

Facebook has been quite the medium for sharing updates on the trip -- we have a facebook group for the whole trip (( http://www.facebook.com/groups/PanamaMission2012/ )) and I created a page for my team ((http://www.facebook.com/groups/176615665802660/)). We have several photographers on the trip who are updating the whole group's page and my team leader, Lia, has been updating our team's page with pictures via her iphone.

I myself have taken over 2000 pictures so far and I have not had much time to sort through them yet!

Today is our free day -- we've had 4 ministry days so far, and we have two more days of ministry left. Saturday we have our shopping/tourist day and then we fly out on Sunday. I can't believe it's gone so fast!

Brief update on what our days have been like so far:

Panama Day 1 --We took motorized dugout canoes up a river to the Embera Tribe. They performed a dance for us and fed us fish and fried plantains (delicioso!). We did our drama for them, and then talked, prayed and played with them until it was time for us to leave.


Panama Day 2 -- Our second day was titled "food distribution" and our first stop was to a supermarket where we bought rice and several different kinds of beans. We then sorted the items into individual bags with 5 items each. We packed over 100 bags of food to take to a local community. We then walked to the site where we'd be meeting with people and performing our drama. I'm not sure how far we walked, but it was at least 2 miles. We went door to door, inviting people to our drama, performed, talked and prayed with people and distributed our food. We still had about half of our food left to give away, so we decided to walk to another village/neighborhood. Just as we started walking, it started raining...and we continued to walk the opposite direction of our bus for another 3+ miles, in the pouring rain...




to be continued....I'm hungry and it's time for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Can you add my button to your blog? http://fromadaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete