Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We have arrived!

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that I have arrived in Quito. We've all been here for 3 days now, but it feels like it's been a really long time.

It took a while to get down here and my friend Jenna and I sat on the plane in Miami for 2 1/2 hours before finally leaving for Ecuador. We finally got into Quito at 9:30 and our host, Sandra picked us up and we took a taxi back to her and Ryan's apartment.

Our last few days have been full of orientation and being tourists. We have had Bible studies in the morning which lead into our orientation sessions where we have been learning about culture in general and being part of a different culture. Once our normal work schedule begins, we will have our Bible studies in the evenings where we are going to be reading through the whole Old Testament in two months.

I'm really enjoying my time here. So far the other 7 students and I are all getting along and I am enjoying my time with my host family. I am actually living with some of the missionaries that work at HCJB. It is me and two other girls, Carolyn and Jenna, living with Sandra and Ryan in an apartment across the street from HCJB and Hospital Vozandes, where we will be working.

I hope to write again soon, but I don't have consistent internet.

Amy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment