Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Already Packed

I don't leave until Friday, but my bags are already packed.

I have a lot to do this week, but in the name of procrastination, my suitcase for Panama is already packed! After doing my laundry this weekend, I figured it would make more sense to pack what I needed rather than put it away.

This will be my suitcase's maiden voyage -- as I was returning from Ecuador last year, my suitcase broke and I decided it was time for a new one :)

After I had packed my bag, I didn't know how much it actually weighed. We don't have a scale and so I finally went out and bought a luggage scale ((something I've been wanting for a while)).

I weighed my suitcase today and I was totally surprised when I saw that it only weighed 35 pounds. I'm pretty sure this has never happened to me. I know I'll probably add a few more things to my bag before I leave on Friday, but to be 15 pounds under the weight limit, that's new. I'm usually just barely below 50 pounds, and that's with a ton of stuff crammed into my carry-on, just to make the weight limit. I'm hoping that I can avoid putting much more in between now and Friday and have it be a record for me :)


Until next time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment