Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last Ministry Day

We just finished our last ministry day.

It's really feeling like the trip is coming to a close. When we left Quito, it was hard to say goodbye to everyone on my team because I knew that I still wasn't going home.

We had three long days of work projects (mostly painting) and we ended up cutting our day short today to have some time to relax. Today was a bit different than our other work days in Otavalo. We've been working at Compassion International sites, but the site we went to this morning was under construction. We worked hard the whole morning carrying buckets of sand up to the third floor of the building. We created a bucket brigade to bring the sand up the stairs and then also created two "pulley" type systems that our fearless leaders - Jed & Chuck - were in charge of.

Right now, part of our group is on a trip to see some waterfalls, while a group of us stayed back at the hotel for some R&R. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we will be going to a Crater Lake - I'm not sure of the name though. After the crater lake, we'll be stopping in Cotacachi - a town known for their leather. Saturday will be an early morning as we head to the large market in Otavalo for some shopping. Half of our group heads to the airport at noon on Saturday for an overnight flight into Miami while the rest of the group and I have an extra 12 hours before heading to Quito at midnight.

In the past 3 weeks, I've taken over 1700 pictures...I've narrowed it down to my 600 favorite that I'll be putting on facebook later. Here's a few, but I'll post more later - it's great to have internet, but it isn't the best for uploading pictures.


Abram helping us paint the school

We took some breaks to play with the neighborhood kids

We painted the building blue - and did as much as we could with what paint we had

Bucket Brigade!

Amy Lynn



1 comment: