Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Never the Same - Panama 2012


I just got back home from a 2 1/2 week missions trip to Panama with Susie Magazine, a Christian magazine for teen girls, and Big World Ventures, a nonprofit Christian organization that specializes in planning short-term missions trips for teens and churches. This was my third mission trip with them -- my first mission trip with them was in 2006 to Peru when Susie Magazine was Brio Magazine (a magazine published by Focus on the Family).

Now that I'm home, I actually have time to take a moment to think about the trip and everything that happened. There was so much to think about and learn and everything while on the trip, but I was too busy loving on my kids and running around helping with organization stuff. It was so much fun, and even though I would have loved to spend another week in Panama, I'm glad to be home.

The trip started out different for me than any of my other trips -- I flew down to Miami, FL a day early to be a part of "Team Big World Ventures" and help with set up and getting everything ready for the leaders to arrive the next day. The leaders arrived and we had several training sessions and time for preparation for the students to arrive. The students arrived and the leaders were prepared and organized to receive them -- we had teams at the airport picking kids up in our matching shirts and another set of leaders back at the hotel to get them registered and make sure their passports were accounted for.

Striped zebra in the corner = boredom during slow times of registration

That night we had our first large group meeting -- FUAGNEM ((F.ired U.p A.nd G.oing N.uts E.very M.inute)) -- and our first meeting as Team 1. And then we had drama casting for the drama we would be performing on our ministry days in Panama.


Our first night with the students ended with us casting each team member as a part in the drama -- from the evil magician to the toys, from the Toymaker to the mimes, everyone was given an important role.



More stories and pictures to come...


Simply,

Amy Lynn



To learn more about next year's Never the Same Mission trip to Peru, visit www.neverthesamemissions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment