Thursday, June 23, 2011

I scream for ice cream!

I was sitting here working on my Song of Solomon seminar and eating some frozen yogurt.

And then it hit me: In one week, I can eat all the Mora Bars that my little heart desires! Within reason, I suppose.

Eating Mora (and Coco) Bars in Shell during our lunch break

Mora is similar to (if not the same as) blackberry. Last summer everyone told me it was like a blackberry, but they weren't the same thing. So I'm not quite sure. Nevertheless - Mora is my favorite flavor of ice cream.

Last summer, we loved stopping for ice cream. There was a "Pinguino" ice cream cart right outside the hospital every day. While I always checked to see if they had Magnum Bars first (they didn't often have them), my second choice was always the Mora Bar. And it was also my rationalization that Mora Bars were "healthy" because it is frozen fruit (they're at least healthier than magnum bars).

By the end of the summer, we were all hooked on ice cream. When we spent time in the jungle there were days when we'd stop for ice cream at least twice. We sweet talked our bus driver into stopping in random towns more than once so we could have an ice cream break.

I'm hoping to have the chance to get my hands on a Mora bar in a week. And if not a Mora bar, there's a restaurant called Crepes & Waffles right across the street from our hotel. I should know - it was the first place we went out to on our own via taxi last summer. But that's a story for a different day ;)

Crepes & Waffles near the Marriott

Amy Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Yes, I am the Kendall that Rachel has probably told you about. She told me about you too :) Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me! Yay, we are on the same team! I can't wait to mee you, either. :) Only 2 more days!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete