Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Finally Here!

I arrived in Miami, FL a little over 24 hours ago.

And I'm loving it.

I'm on Team 1 and despite what anyone else says about their team - we're the best. Hand's down :P Our leaders have such a great vision and we're all starting to connect already - I can't wait for the students to get here tomorrow too.

Yesterday everyone came in at different times. I got in around 1 from Minneapolis. There were three other LITs on my flight and as I approached the gate before boarding my flight, I introduced myself to Kathryn and Carolyn, two sisters who were on the trip (I recognized them because of the trip t-shirt they were wearing. The one I had stored in my carry-on and never ended up putting on)

courtesy of Rachel
We met up with others in the Miami airport and then drove to Ft. Lauterdale to our hotel. We had free time as everyone else was arriving and I spent time with new friends and roommates as they trickled in.

We had our first team meetings and learned lots of stuff. I'd tell you what I learned, but I can't remember. Oops.

We met with our individual teams for introductions and learned each others' strengths and visions for the trip. I am so excited to be working with these amazing people! I can't wait to get to know them even more!

Afterwards a small group of us went out in search of some late dining - a continued opportunity to get to know different people! I, however, was exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel after only having slept about 2 hours on Friday night and not much sleep on the plane.

This morning my team met bright and early and I informed them that, although I may be a "morning person" as far as being awake and alert in the morning, I have more trouble actually getting out of bed on time than a typical "morning person." Hopefully I won't be too late to activities and such.

Susie Shellenberger let our morning meeting with a lesson on Revelation. It was great :) Then we had more meetings/trainings, lunch and started preparing for the teens to come tomorrow by making team signs. My team's is pretty sweet. And pretty "me" - a.k.a. very colorful

Front of our sign

Back of our sign
Sign for my seminar: EIEIOK = Everything I Ever Intend On Knowing

I hope you enjoyed the update. Students start arriving bright and early tomorrow. I have the be at the airport at 7:30 to be helping them. I can't wait (despite the early hour).

I'll hopefully be posting more this week and once we get to Ecuador, but I'm not sure what the internet situation will be (I'm currently sitting in a Panera because I'm not willing to pay $10 to use the internet at the hotel)

I hope you're having a wonderful day!!

Amy Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment