Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We're all here and ready to go!

The students have been here since Monday. It’s been so fun seeing them all get to know each other and watch them as they learn the drama. We have 25 students on my team - they’re from all over the States and between 14 and 18 years old.



As I type this, I’m sitting in the back of one of the ballrooms at the hotel watching my team practice their drama. They are doing such a great job. It was so difficult to cast our group because everyone was so good. But every part in the drama is critical and everyone is giving it their all. I can’t wait to see the finished product - it’s going to look so great. And the drama itself is so impactful. I’m hoping to get a video of it one day during the trip and maybe I’ll be able to post it on here.

Drama try-outs


Working on the drama

It’s been difficult to really get to know them all so far, as they’ve been focused on their drama training and we have other things that need to get done so we’re not always together. But I’m anticipating that our team will grow closer as we get to Ecuador and start our ministry days - we’ll be all together every day.

We have lots of team spirit - at least the leaders do, haha :) There’s been a little competition between our team and team 6. And our leader, Chris, is going all out. Yesterday we made a flag for our team. It’s all pretty crazy.




Our FUAGNEM (Fired Up And Going Nuts Every Minute) evening meetings have been really good so far. I love the worship time and the messages these last two nights have been real good. I'm looking forward to more FUAGNEMs as walls get broken down and we all come together and closer to God. I can already see God at work within our group.

It’s been interesting being on the leader side of everything rather than being a student. There’s much more freedom : ) While they’ve been in drama training we’ve been getting everything together and running to the store. One of our jobs is to pass out lunch to each room - instead of having all the students pick up their own lunch and be in long lines for a while, we’ve been taking food up to each students hotel room. It’s a pretty slick system. 

Our fearless leader, Lia

We head out for Ecuador in the morning. My team is in 5 different flight groups - I'll be leaving the hotel at 3:30 am and arriving in Ecuador at 3:30 pm, with a layover in Colombia. Please pray for safe travel and smooth transitions for everyone!!

Thanks

Amy Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Excellent update, Amy! Thank you so much for the details! Sooooooo excited!Praying for you and your team!! Love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Amy, this is really cool. Thanks for sharing this experience with us. Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy! I'm from Susie just so you know. :)
    It sounds like Never The Same is amazingly awesome! I hope to go next year.

    ReplyDelete